Burns are the minor medical problems that are being caused due to heat or some of the chemical reaction. There are many home remedies for burns. Burns are of various types.
- First degree burn- that damages the outer layer of the skin
- Second degree burn – damages outer as well as underlying layer of skin
- Third degree burn – affect the inner most layer as well as tissues associated with that layer; the worst form of burn
The most common reasons that cause burns are:
- Exposure to fire
- Toxic chemicals
- Exposure to hot liquid or steam
- Hot metal, glass or any other object
- Electric shock
- Radiation reaction from X-rays
- Extensive exposure to sunlight
- Strong acids
- Paint thinners
- Concentrated gasoline
See Also: Home Remedies for Sunburn
Depending upon the type of burn, minor to sever form, symptoms vary as well.
First degree burn: as it affect the outermost layer of skin, so appear in form of redness and pain, which can be cured with first aid treatments. Sun burn is one of the examples of it.
Second Degree burn: redness, swelling and pain. It seems wetly and moist area. After burn, the skin get stiffed, tanned and of waxy white color.
Third degree burn: it will affect the tissues and in severe case even damage the nerves thus cause lack of sensation and numbness.
In result of burning a quick reactions appear as:
- Shortness of breath
- Immense pain
Home Remedies for Burns :
First and second degree burns can easily be treated at home. Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedial cream that give soothing and relieving effect to burns plus helpful in curing the burns. For severe and third degree burns,
- Doctors normally suggest some of the intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration and extensive internal damages.
- In case of severe pain, Tylenol and morphine are given to minimize the level of pain.
- Similarly anti-anxiety medicines are also given to control the nerves.
- Burn creams are very help to keep the burns moist, prevent from infections and speed up the healing process.
- Antibiotics are also given to prevent from infections
- After the burn injury doctors also suggest for tetanus shot within 24 hours of burn
On the immediate basis, some of the home remedies for burns are as follow:
- First of all cool the burn by running the tap water over the burn. Never icing the burn because it will make the burn worse
- Before applying cream, wash it with soap or iodine solution to remove the debris
- Then apply the burn cream or anesthetic cream in order to prevent it from dryness. If no cream is available on immediate basis then apply aloe vera gel, it performs the same function
- Cover the burn with sterile gauze just to protect them from dust.
- Better to take some minor pain killer
In order to keep yourself safe and sound from burn it is better to always take preventive and precautionary measures. Follow the above mentioned home remedies for burns to get the instant cure.