Sometimes your lifestyle seems to be very healthy and perfect but certain diseases and infections catch you in a very different manner. Like the case of yeast infections. It starts from very minor rashes and itching but later on it become so severe and damaging if not properly treated.
What is Yeast Infection
It is the outgrowth of the yeast such that multiplication of cells in to two to four to eight to so on. Yeast is normally a small body that grows larger and larger in the moist and damp areas. It rapidly multiplies itself in to number of cells that affect the infected area and transform it in to severe infection and conditions.
In medical terms it is commonly named as “Candidiasis” disease which mostly affects skin, mouth, throat, genitals and the most dangerously blood.
Yeast Infection Symptoms
Depending upon the type of infection, the commonly observed symptoms are
- And even complicated in form of burning and soreness
Yeast Infection Causes
These are the microorganisms that grow itself in those human bodies that have little or limited resistant power. As compare to other microorganisms, their growth is very rapid in the undeveloped or weaker immune system bodies. Like the case of diabetic patient who have greater chances to develop a systemic illness and blood infections caused by Candida.
Diagnosis for Yeast Infection
In order to diagnose the yeast infection, two methods are adopted either to culture the sample taken from infected area or look that sample under microscope.
- In case of culture, that swab or sample is incubated for several days under room temperature and then examine the growth of the yeast. This will help to clarify the picture through initial diagnosis of organism which causes the real disease.
- While examining under microscope, swap is place with the solution of 10% potassium hydroxide. This solution absorbs the skin cells and leaves the microorganisms that become the main cause of yeast infection.
How to Prevent Yeast Infection
There are certain precautionary measures that are recommended by the doctor in order to prevent you from this disease. Some of the common precautions are:
- In order to make yourself protect avoid to take refines sugar, honey and fruit juices.
- Also avoid self medication in terms of taking birth control pills until or unless recommended by the doctor.
- Better to avoid chewing gums having the ingredient of xylitol that may be the major cause of aggravate thrush.
Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
- Ø Certain antibiotics are suggested that not only control the effect of multiplication of cells but also give some relief in itchiness, irritation and pain.After the complete diagnosis, proper treatment must be given to the patient in order to minimize the effect of yeast infection. In this context following medical treatments are suggested such as
- Ø Antifungal creams are given to the patient that nullify the effect of infected skin surface by those microorganisms.
- Ø Other than the medial treatments, top most home remedial control of this disease is that if you take caprylic acid on daily basis with the meal, it will increase the ratio of natural fatty acids. These fatty acids act as effective antifungal agents for the treatment of yeast infection.