Nausea and vomiting is normally occurred due to number of reasons but the most common is the disorder in the stomach functioning. Though it is very rare but it can be life threatening if not treated properly. It is the voluntary or involuntary action in which the entire stomach gets empty and thrown out of the mouth. Here are the causes, Symptoms and home remedies for vomiting are given below.
Condition of nausea and vomiting is quite different and can be occurred due to number of reasons including:
- Gastric problems
- After anesthesia
- Viral infection
- Food poisoning
- Severe depression and anxiety
- Herat failure
- Liver failure
- Kidney malfunctioning and failure
- Allergy to some food and dairy products
- Reaction to radiation therapy
- Motion sickness
- Morning sickness in pregnancy, that result in the condition of nausea
- Ingesting a drug or poison
The most common symptoms are
- Frequent urination
- Cramps in legs and lower abdomen
- Pain in abdomen
- Change in mood and depression
- Unhealthy loss of weight
When appendicitis ruptures, the condition get serious and there could be danger that poison spread in the entire body that may result in form of death if not treated well.
Home Remedies for Vomiting
In order to make the situation better and curable, here are some of home remedies for vomiting to be followed:
- Better to take nap and lie down for a while.
- Try to take large amount of water or fluid so as to prevent you from dehydration.
- Take electrolytes so as to fulfill the minerals and other nutrition
- Eat soft and blended food so that stomach can easily function and food is digested
- Low fat dairy products are very helpful in this regard
- In case of bad taste of mouth, rinse your mouth with baking soda and warm water.
- After taking the meal sit for a while or do light walk. Avoid lying down on the bed.
- Divert your attention in the condition of nausea
- Anti-nausea medicine is very effective to give you relief and make the condition better
- Avoid greasy, oily and processed food
For proper medical treatment, it is necessary to find out the main cause of vomiting then suggest the medicines accordingly. On urgent or immediate basis antiemetics is suggested to reduce the condition of nausea and vomiting. These medicines are also helpful in giving relief for the fullness of stomach.
In case of severe vomiting due to cancer treatments, ondansetron or droperidol is suggested to reduce the effect of vomiting. But such types of medicines are strictly prohibited during pregnancy. Always take medicines with the complete recommendations of your physicians and they normally gave doxylamine in mild form just to give relief to nausea.
In order to keep you away from complications, it is suggested to use the electrolyte on the immediate basis that helps to keep your body away from dehydration plus relieve the abdominal pain caused due to intense eviction of undigested food. If the vomiting prolonged to 24 hrs, it is better to consult the doctor in emergency so as to take proper treatment in time and diagnose the right issues.