It is the damage to the skin due to high exposure to sunlight, ultraviolet rays. Too much exposure will make the skin red and painful which result in peeling off or form blisters on the skin. Intense exposure will increase the risk to further skin problems and complications even skin cancer or melanoma.
In order to keep you safe from sun stroke or sun burn, the best solution is to apply sun screen lotion before going out of home or expose to ultraviolet rays. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for sunburn are listed below:
UV light has three wavelengths A, B, C which are very damaging as well as dangerous for the human skin. Only A and B type is reaching the earth which causes lamps and tanning to the skin. Pigmentation is also due to these rays which damage the skin and affect the appearance of the skin. It totally depends upon type of the skin and intensity of the rays.
The skin gets red and hurt where the ultraviolet rays or sunlight is over exposed. Other than that other signs are as follow which appear after few hours of the sun burn:
- severe pain and inflammation
- in later stage, skin is peeling off
- yellowish solution comes out of the mark
- dry mouth
See Also : Home Remedies for Sunburn Blisters
Home Remedies for Sunburn
For the treatment of the sun burn, numerous creams, ointments and sprays are available in the market that will give relief as well as heal up the burn. These creams and ointments contain menthol, camphor or cooling agent which gives relaxing affect. Some of the creams or ointments contain aloe vera which heals up the mark.
Along with these over the counter medication is available including ibuprofen or naproxen that relieves sunburn swelling and pain. Topical corticosteroid creams are very effective in retaining the skin to its original form by speed up the healing process of sun burn. These creams will remove redness, itchiness and pain to some extent.
Along with these treatments here are some of the home remedies for sunburn which help to speed up the healing process like:
- Intake of inflammatory medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen will help to relieve the pain plus reduce redness and soreness. But before taking these medicines it is necessary to look at that burn. If sun burn is severe and exposed to larger area then better to consult the doctor and take proper prescription.
- apply cold compressors will help to reduce pain and irritation
- by applying moisturizer or cortisone cream will reduce swelling and enhance the healing process
- If the burn is in form of blisters then better to cover the mark with gauge. always use the clean and new packed gauge otherwise there are chances of infection
- In case of sun burn, drink a lot of water or fluids so as to prevent dehydration because heat causes loss of water through skin.
- in case of peeling off, continuously use the moisturizer