Insect bite or sting will cause serious skin allergies or reaction. In this context bites can be of mosquitoes, fleas, mites and so on but depending upon the sting it cause itching and pain. It cause minor irritation but if spider or ticks bite it will cause serious skin problems. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for stings are listed below:
The common reason is the insect biting that may vary like
- fire ants
After the sting of the insect the place get
- red in color
- Have rash
- have a mark of sting
Home Remedies for Stings
Most of the stings are treated with minor treatments like wash them with soap and water. After it by placing the cold compression cloth, it gets relieved and reduces swelling and inflammation. In order to reduce infections, it is better to avoid pain killers like paracetamol or ibuprofen.
It is necessary to do immediate first aid treatment when the insect or wasp bites because, some time the sting is poisonous that can be dangerous for health as well. On the initial stage, look at the air ways and breathe of the patient, if it is not normal call emergency so as to consult doctor in time.
Don’t create panic at that time. Immediately remove the ring or any accessories because the affected area gets swelled. Before applying any ointment, wash the affected area with soap and water. If no ointment or cream is available, place ice on the sting for 10 mins. This will help to remove the swelling and reduce the itchiness. Examine the mark for few days; if it turns blue immediately consult the doctor because it’s a sign of poison in the sting. These are all natural home remedies for stings which will help you in daily routine.
Following are some preventive measures in order to prevent you from insect bites or stings.
- Always cover yourself completely in the evening when exposed to plantation. Especially at the time of sunrise or sunset. Wear full sleeves shirt or trouser.
- Apply insect repellent that keep you safe from insect bites or sting.
- Avoid using those products that attract the insects. These products have very strong scent which attracts insect including perfumes, soap, shampoos etc.
- Always wear shoes when moving outdoor.
- if you have garden maintain it properly and clean the fallen fruits so as to avoid the insects
- Keep lid on the filled dustbins and clean them on the regular basis.
- never disturb the nest of the insects in the trees or roof spaces
- avoid camping near the pond or swamps, because mosquitoes or flies are very common at those places
- Always cover the drinking water and food items when taking it outdoor. Wasps and bees very commonly enter into the beverages bottles and cans.
- Keep the windows and doors closed at the sunrise and sunset time. It better to put net in front of the door or windows. This will keep the insects, bees, wasps away getting inside.