Under this disease the inner lining of the sinuses near nasal passages get swelled and inflamed. This will cause difficulty in drainage, formation of mucus and even in breathing. This will also lead to headache and facial pain. This is commonly caused due to viral, bacterial or fungal infections. Most of the times, it get relieved with home remedies for sinusitis but if not treated well get chronic and serious for health.
- viral infection
- bacterial infection
- fungal infection
- allergies due to season or food
- nasal tumors
- infection in the jaws or teeth
- disorder in immune system
- gaterooesophagal reflux disease
- respiratory tract get swelled and inflamed
- swelling in the sinuses prevent the mucous and get blocked in the nasal tract which causes pain
- thick yellowish or greenish drainage comes out of the nose and throat
- pain and tenderness near the eye lid and nose
- severe headache
- reduces sense of smell and taste
- coughing get worst at night time
- bad breath
- irritation in the throat
- shortness of breath
- blurred vision or double vision
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
Saline nasal sprays are given to clear up the passage for mucus drainage. Thus the blockage removed and helps to breathe easily. Some of the sprays and drops are available that contains corticosteroids preventing and heating inflammations.
Numerous over the counter pain killers are available that help to get relief including Alvin, Tylenol and aspirin that helps to relief the condition of sinusitis. In case of chronic disease antibiotics are given that help to reduce the infections caused by viruses or bacteria. These normally include bactrim, septrum, amoxiliin etc. after the intake of 5-6 days; the condition gets better and better.
Antifungal medicines are also available for this but before taking it is better to take proper consultation from doctor. Along with that immune therapies are available which help to reduce the body’s reaction from certain allergies.
Self help treatments and home remedies for sinusitis are very effective in relieving sinusitis symptoms like:
- take proper rest to speed up the recovery as well as fight against infections
- Drink a lot of water or juices but better to avoid taking beverages and alcoholic drinks. this will increase the swelling of the tissues underlying the nasal area
- avoid drinking alcohol
- Keep the sinus moist by draping towel or inhale vapor through steam. This will help to ease pain and drain the mucus.
- keep yourself warm and cozy so as to get relieved
- while sleeping put your head elevated or in upright position in order to reduce congestion
- avoid intake of cigarettes or tobacco, because smoke will make the condition worst
- proper cleanliness will help to keep you away from infections
- Use of humidifiers will keep the atmosphere of the room moist and damp which support the rapid healing of sinusitis. It will also help to clean up the molds and fungus from the nearby areas that will cause infections.