Menstrual cramps are the cramping pain in the lower abdomen either in or during the menstrual days. In these days women feel discomfort and have annoying behavior or mood. The pain gets severe if adverse physical activities or hectic routine is being conducted. as such there is no exact cause of these cramps and lessen down with age and when a woman gives birth to a child. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for menstrual cramps are listed below:
Menstrual Cramps Causes
In the menstrual periods, lining of the uterus expelled out due to contraction. This will also contract the blood vessels feeding uterus resulting in pain. That contraction is due to hormonal substance that is associated with it and causes inflammation and pain. Other associated reasons are as follow:
- Tissues that lines with the uterus are implanted outside it and cause intense pain. These tissues also line the pelvis, ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Some noncancerous growth in the lining of the uterus also cause pain
- in this condition, the tissues lined with the uterus start growing in the muscular wall of the uterus
- infection in the ovaries that is caused due to bacteria transmitted in the sexual intercourse
- opening of cervix is so small that obstructs the flow of menstruation and put pressure in the uterus thus cause severe pain
Menstrual Cramps Symptoms
Some of the common symptoms associated with these menstrual cramps are as follow:
- dull, burning and cramping pain the lower abdomen
- that pain exudes to lower back and thighs
- feeling of nausea and vomiting
- pain in stomach and loose stool
Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps
Following are few home remedies for menstrual cramps.
In order to get rid of these severe menstrual pains and cramps, some of pain killers are very effective like advil, naproxen. These medicines relax the muscles of the body and keep you relaxed. Doctors suggest taking these medicines before the start of menstrual periods and avoiding taking during these medicines during periods.
Numerous oral birth control medicines are effective in preventing the ovaries and decrease the sternness of the menstrual cramps. These hormones can be injected into the body through injections, or available in form of patch that you wear on the skin.
If the cramps are due to some disorder like fibroids, the ultimate solution is to operate the abnormal tissues and get rid of these pains.
Some of the home remedial solutions are effective in decrease the intensity of the pain like soaking in the hot tub will give relief in the pain. Similarly heating pad your lower abdomen will reduce the swelling as well as relieve the cramps. In case of severe pain over the counter pain killers are very good to make your condition better, improved and recovered.
It is commonly suggested that regular exercise and healthy physical activities will ease out the pain in the menstrual periods. Similarly healthy diet plan and intake of supplements will help to reduce the cramps. So, it is necessary to take healthy and balanced diet so as to keep you fit, strong, and smart in all means and keep you away from pains and diseases.