As sugar or glucose is the ultimate source of energy in the body. So the condition in which its level is abnormally lower in the blood is known as hypoglycemia. It is deeply associated with the diabetes that is not indicated as disease rather a health problem. It can easily be treated with food, dietary supplements and minor medications. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for hypoglycemia are listed below:
The main cause of lowering down the level of glucose in the blood is diabetes. Though the sugar or glucose is absorbed in to the blood stream after the meal but it does not enter in to the cells without the help of insulin. And in diabetic patients, pancreases are properly secreting insulin so it affects the absorption of glucose in to the cells.
Other than the diabetes some of other common reasons for hypoglycemia are:
- side effects of the medicines taken in case of kidney failure
- side effect of quinine; a medicine for cure of malaria
- excess intake of alcohol damages the live functionality
- excess production of insulin by pancreas than normal secretion
- adrenal gland disorders
- malfunctioning of pituitary glands
- hormonal disorder
In order to ensure proper functioning of the body, it requires a regular and constant supply of sugar. If the supply of glucose is lower, it affects the brains in the following ways:
- in able to complete the routine tasks
- confused and perplexed in handling matters
- showing abnormal behavior
- blurred vision
- loss of perception and concentration
- palpitation increases
- excess sweating
- increased hunger
- itchy feeling around mouth
See Also : Home Remedies for Low Blood Sugar
But the proper diagnosis of hypoglycemia is done after the blood test so as to have the complete and clear picture.
Home Remedies for Hypoglycemia
For the treatment of hypoglycemia, two points must have to consider. One is to give instant treatment to rise up the level of sugar in the blood and second is to eliminate the root cause so as to prevent from recurring.
On the instant basis, some of the first aid measures are very effective in maintaining the level of blood sugar but it will totally depend upon the early symptoms. These measures include:
- eating candy or take juice will help to keep the glucose level maintained
- drinking fruit juice will also help to raise the level of glucose in the blood
- numerous instant medicines and intravenous glucose injections are available
Sometimes, insulin is not properly produced due to tumor of pancreas or enlargement of pancreatic cells. So to produce the insulin to its optimal level, doctors recommend the surgery to remove the tumor out of pancreas or the partial removal of pancreas.
These are totally medical treatments, but in case of diabetes, the best solution is to go for preventive measures. Like control the sugar and eat frequent but small meals to as to avoid the condition of hypoglycemia. Avoid taking artificial carbohydrates present in bread, rice and even the natural one present in fruits. This will also help to reduce the chances of recurrence.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for hypoglycemia to get instant results.