Cholesterol is the one of the important component of blood that is formed of fats and lipids. It contributes in the formation of healthy cells and building blocks of the body. But if it’s ratio increases in the body chances of heart failure increases.
Increase in level of cholesterol will promote the deposition of fats in the blood vessels. And theses deposits hinder the flow of blood in the arteries which result in such a way that oxygenated blood does not approach to heart and enhances the risk of heart failure. Similarly lower down the flow of blood to brain and result in stroke. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for High Blood Cholesterol are listed below:
High Blood Cholesterol Causes:
Some of basic causes are as follow:
- it can be inherited and move on from generation to generation
- cholesterol is present in the blood in attached form with proteins that is known as lipoprotein
- it makes the arteries harder and thinner
- due to abnormal functioning of liver, cholesterol level is higher in the blood stream
- kidney failure also result in excess production of cholesterol in the body
- excess smoking and diabetes also result in high cholesterol
High Blood Cholesterol Symptoms:
As such there are no signs of a high level of cholesterol. It is only judged through the blood test. While the associated diseases with high cholesterol are as follow:
- heart attack
- kidney failure
- liver malfunctioning
- high blood pressure
Home Remedies for High Blood Cholesterol
In order to keep you away from chronic disease, the ultimate solution is to do proper exercise, take healthy and balanced diet. Make your lifestyle healthy and active so as to fight against high cholesterol level. Doctors suggest some of the specific medications depending upon number of factors including:
- age of the patient
- current health status
- certain risk factors to health
- any other associated diseases
- probable side effects
Depending upon above mentioned factors, some of general medications include:
- Statins is given to lower down the level of cholesterol in the blood. This helps to balance out the functioning of liver by reabsorbing the excess cholesterol from the walls of the arteries and reserve the risk of coronary artery disease. The formula remains the same while the name of the prescription differs from company to company
- As liver produces bile for effective digestion of food in the stomach. Similarly it releases into the blood stream to maintain the level of cholesterol in blood. Thus in case of improper functioning of liver, bile acid binding resins are given. This prompts liver to utilize excess cholesterol in order to produce extra bile acid.
- In this same regard, inhibitors are given to absorb excess cholesterol from the diet and then discharge it into blood stream accordingly.
- Some of the medicines are also available in the market that is the combination of inhibitors and statins. This will perform the dual function of absorbing excess cholesterol from large intestine as well as controls the production of cholesterol from liver.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for high blood cholesterol to get instant results.