Hemorrhoids are commonly known as piles in which veins of anus and lower rectum gets bloated and swollen. It is due to the fact when you are putting pressure while bowel movements or have long constipation issues. It can be located either inside the rectum or around the anus present under the skin. This result in discomfort, itchiness and some time bleed. By making the better lifestyle and proper dietary habits, this problem can be rectified. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for hemorrhoids (Piles) are listed below:
Hemorrhoids (Piles) Causes:
The veins present in anus region get swelled due to extra pressure putting on it. Some of the general factors that will increase the pressure on these veins are as follow:
- putting extra strain during bowel movement
- sitting on the seat in the toilet for longer period of time
- severe constipation problem
- chronic diarrhea
- complaint of obesity
- in pregnancy, pressure is increase on these veins
- anal intercourse
- intake of less water and low fiber food
- in aging the tissues get weaken and stretched
Hemorrhoids (Piles) Symptoms:
- feel pain in the bowel movement
- have bright red blood while passing stool
- irritation and irritation at anus
- after passing stool have severe pain
- inflammation and puffiness around anus
- chances of outflow of feces
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids (Piles)
Before taking the treatment for piles, it is better to identify that whether it is internal or external Hemorrhoids. In this regard several ointments, creams, lotions, pads or suppositories are available that give instant relief. All such medicines contain hydrocortisones that not only reduce the pain but also lessen down the itchiness.
Sometimes these medicines will cause side effects like skin rash, inflammation or thinning of the skin. In case if blood clot is formed in the skin around anus, doctor suggests to do simple notch in order to remove the clot. One other solution that doctors did is to inject the chemical solution in to the piles so as to reduce the size of piles or shrink them. Though injection cause little pain but have very effective results.
In case of large sized piles, doctors go for surgical treatments in which they remove the piles. But before this they make your bladder as well as stomach empty. After this there could be chances of infection in the urinary tract. In the same context, doctors also suggest stapled procedure in order to block the flow of blood to tissues of lower rectum. But one drawback of such treatment is that risk of recurrence remains the same or higher.
Some of the home remedies for hemorrhoids (Piles) are very effective in giving relief:
- After every bowel movement properly clean the anal area and avoid using toilet tissue in this regard.
- Soak the anal area in warm water for some time. It will help to minimize reduce the pain as well as remove the swelling around the anus area.
- You can also apply ice pads or compress it with ice packs so as to give comfort and relieve on the temporary basis.