It is the burning feeling in the chest that can be caused due to a lot of reason. This is normally linked to the breast bone sensation and increases when lay down on the bed or bending in specific posture. This is strongly associated with adverse lifestyle patterns. Frequent heartburn can be managed easily with various home remedial solutions or OTC medications but if it interfere the daily routine, you must have to consult the physicians. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for heartburn are listed below:
Some of the major reasons behind this heart burn are as follow:
- When acid of the stomach move back to esophagus. After taking the meal, muscles of the lower stomach will allow the food to run down in to stomach rather to move upward but when it weakens, the food or fluid move upward into the esophagus and cause heart burning. Along with that meal or fluid acids will also move upward that actually cause burning affect.
- The most familiar symptom is burning effect in the heart region near breast bone that can occur after the heavy meal especially in night.
- Secondly it increases when lay down on the bed or in bending position.
- feel difficulty in swallowing
- it can be one of the symptom of heart attack so if gets severe immediately consult the doctor
Home Remedies for Heartburn
In order to get immediate relief and relaxing affect various OTC medicines are available that are mostly antacids. It includes Rolaids, Maalox etc but its overuse will result in form of constipation or diarrhea so in severe cases always consult the doctor and take proper medicine as per prescription.
Some of the medicines are available that help to lower down the acid production and strengthen the stomach muscles. Thus the frequency of moving food in to esophagus reduces. In context to this disease calcium carbonate based medicines is suggested that act as anti acid treatments. If this problem is caused in return of gastrointestinal problem, normally gastritis medicines are suggested.
As prevention is better than cure, so follow these precautionary measures to make yourself healthy and active.
- Try to maintain appropriate weight as per your height because extra weight pushes pressure on your stomach as well as abdomen. This will also cause acidity that result in form of heart burning. see: how to lose weight
- If you are suffering from heart burn it is better to wear lose fitting cloth so as to get relieving effect.
- avoid to take fried food, food contain caffeine, alcohol, spices etc. this will triggers the heart burn effect
- in such situations avoid over eating rather better to take light food in smaller meals
- after taking meal it is better to have some walk and avoid to lay down on the bed
- in such conditions smoking elevates the disease and affect the functioning of the stomach
- Intake of water and fluids help to maintain the level of acid in the stomach plus it helps to wash out extra acid from the stomach. Water is also helpful in keeping you fit and healthy in all means.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for heartburn to get instant relief.