In medical terms it is known as “allergic rhinitis” that has almost same signs as the cold or fever has but the only difference is that it is not caused by virus. It is the reaction of allergy either by pollen or dust. In this fever, the condition of the person gets worst and badly affects the performance and work activities. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for Hay Fever are listed below:
Hay Fever Causes:
It is due to the fact that immune system gets weaker and immediately reacts to the chemicals or dust. In case of seasonal allergy, some of the common pollens due to which hay fever may have are:
- in spring season, tree pollen
- in late spring and summer numerous grass pollens
- in the fall session, Ragweed pollens are very common
- spores of the molds and fungus will cause reaction in the damp and warm weather seasons
- some of the animal furs and skin also become the reason of allergic reactions
- dust mites
- saliva of pets like cats, dogs or birds
Hay Fever Symptoms:
The symptoms of hay fever appear immediately after the allergic reactions you face. Symptoms are almost same as the common cold including:
- Running nose with watery discharge but have no fever
- congestion in the sinuses
- Itchiness in the nose, throat
- pain in the entire facial region
- pressure in sinuses
- swollen eyes
- skin get blue under the eye; that is the major sign of allergic reaction
- affects a lot on the sense of smell and taste
Home Remedies for Hay Fever
The best way to avoid or restrict hay fever is to keep you away from those things that cause reactions. But if any case if you have hay fever numerous over the counter medications are available that give relief and soothing affect. These medications normally include:
- Nasal sprays are available that contain corticosteroids. It will help to remove itchiness or irritation. Thus it is very effective in giving relief
- Antihistamines tablets or pills will minimize the effect of congestion and sneezing. It is also available in form of nasal sprays and eye drops. It will give relief to eye itchiness and irritation so as caused due to hay fever.
- One other OTC medicine that is very effective in case of hay fever is “cromolyn sodium”.
- But on top of that the most important thing is to take those medicines which strengthen you immune system so as to resist reactions against allergies. in this regard immunotherapy is suggested especially in case of children
Some of preventive actions are also very helpful in giving relief like:
- Wash your nose or rinse the entire sinus with warm water just to clean up the blockage and irritation.
- In pollen season try to cover your mouth and nose with mask. Limitize your outside visits. In this season try not to hang your towel in open air.
- In order to reduce indoor humidity use humidifiers. This will help out to balance the level of moisture in the room.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for hay fever and get instant relief.