It is mild gum disease that causes pain, irritation, puffiness and redness. If it is not treated well, it can be transformed into serious and severe condition even in form of loss of teeth. This is strongly associated with poor hygiene conditions in terms of oral care. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for gingivitis are listed below:
The most general reason of gingivitis is the poor oral hygiene condition. It allows the formation of plague in the teeth and provides a platform for the growth of bacteria. Though plague is invisible and is the composition of bacteria. When you intake sugar and starch containing substances in greater amount, the ratio of plague formation increases. In this context regular brushing and flossing keep your teeth clean and healthy.
If not properly cleaned and scoured, plague get hardened in the gum line and transform into tartar. Then it is difficult to remove tarter because it acts as protective sheet for bacteria. That tartar and plague ultimately become the reason for gingivitis.
Some of the hormonal imbalance may also result in swelling of gums and can easily infect with gingivitis. Additionally extensive smoking will also damage the oral health and gums.
One of the major factors is the family history such that it passes on to next generation through genes.
One of the common symptoms of gingivitis is that teeth bleed, swelled and shown redness. Prolonged disease result severe pain and feel of intense coldness and hotness. Some of common symptoms are as follow:
- Puffiness in the gums
- Bleeding in the gums
- Gums get easily pinkish or reddish in color while brushing
- A bad impact on the breath
- Loss of teeth
- Shifting of the teeth from its original place or space
- Difficulty in teeth dentures
- Feel difficulty in biting and chewing food
Home Remedies for Gingivitis
Proper treatment will help to rectify the problem in time and prevent it to transform it into more severe gum diseases or tooth loss. In this regard anticonvulsant medicines are very helpful in reducing the abnormal growth of tissues of gums. This is also helpful in lessen down the ratio of saliva production that in turn make the teeth and gums protected.
Regularly brush your teeth twice a day so as to remove the plague and tartar in time. If there could be any damages, take dental fixation and restoration treatments. Use antiseptic mouth wash to clean the tartar and bacterial growth.
Some of the home remedies for gingivitis are given below:
- Visit the dentist as per schedule
- Use soft tooth brush and replace it after 3 or 4 months
- Use medicated tooth paste so as to remove tarter or plague
- After every meal, regularly brush your teethso as to remove the food particles from teeth cavities
- Floss your teeth on the daily basis
- Us of antiseptic mouth wash help to remove the bacteria from teeth and minimize the risk of infection
- Use dental pick in order to clean the teeth gaps
All of the above preventive measures will not only increase the dental health but also are effective to keep them safe from infections.