In medical terms, angina is known as “angina pectoris.” It is due to discomfort or pain in the chest normally caused due to the compact flow of blood to the muscles of the heart. It is the major symptom of coronary heart disease. There are three main conditions of angina based on the condition of pains:
- Stable Angina:
It is normally in the condition when the heart is working harder than the normal working, like in the condition of exercise. It is predicted to happen over months or even years but proper rest and medication will give relief to the patient.
- Unstable Angina:
It is not on regular patter. It is very uncommon and has the alarm for future heart attack.
- Variant Angina:
It is very rare and can even occur in the rest or relaxed mood. It is normally due to abnormal shortening or narrowing of the blood vessels that reduces the flow of blood to the heart. It is only relieved by proper medication.
Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for angina to get cure from this problem.
The increased ration of coronary heart diseases and angina pain is due to some of the major risk factor including:
- Abnormal and imbalance dietary pattern
- Unhealthy level of cholesterol; this will cause plague in the arteries that make them narrow and blocks them in form of blood clots
- Constant smoking and intake of tobacco
- Over weight and condition of obesity
- High blood pressure
- Strong family history of heart attack
- Metabolic syndrome
- Inactive lifestyle
- Kidney failure
On top of that the main cause of angina is the reduced supply of oxygen to the heart. This is only happened due to some of the basic reasons:
- Emotional stress
- Regular heavy and imbalanced meal
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Constant smoking
Though it is very common but it is very difficult to distinguish between the chest pain of angina and pain of indigestion. Some of the common symptoms of angina are as follow:
- Tightening, squeezing, pressure, heaviness, burning or pain in the chest region
- Heart burning
- Sweating and nausea in some cases
- Increased pulse rate
- Increased blood pressure
Home Remedies for Angina
Though the pain of angina is purely treated with medication but some of the few tips will help to prevent or minimize the risk of heart failure like
- Stopping smoking
- Weight loss remedies
- Regular exercise
- Regular checkup of blood pressure and level of cholesterol
- Proper rest
- Proper handling of stress and avoid tensions
- Avoid large and heavy meal
- Intake of fruits, vegetables and low fat products
Along with these remedial steps, nitrates are recommended for angina patients by the doctors. This will minimize the intensity of attacks by making the blood vessels wider and relaxed. Some of other medicines including beta blockers and calcium channel blockers help to control the angina pain. These are designed to lower down the blood pressure, prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries and control the level of cholesterol in the body.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for Angina to get instant relief.