Anemia is a condition in which a human body blood lacks the amount of healthy hemoglobin or red blood cells. Hemoglobin is one of the main content of red blood cells that help to bind oxygen. If the body has low or abnormal hemoglobin cells, it will not able to fully provide the adequate amount of oxygen so the body marks the deficit of blood such that anemic. While the level of red blood cells in the body differs in males and females. However, this problem can be treated with the help of simple home remedies for anemia.
Anemia is found in more than 400 types that are mainly categorized in three main groups:
- Caused due to excess loss of blood
- Caused due to decrease in level of production of red blood cells
- Caused due to destruction of red blood cell in the body
Caused due to excess loss of blood
Blood cells can be lost due to chronic bleeding over a period of time and remain undetected. This will sometimes lead to severe anemic conditions. Chronic bleeding occurs due to some of the following reasons:
- Excess menstrual bleeding due to multiple pregnancies or carelessness in child birth in women
- Excess usage of aspirin or ibuprofen that lead to ulcers and gastritis
- Inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases like gastritis, ulcers, cancer, hemorrhoids etc
Caused due to decrease in level of production of RBCs
This is the condition in which proper amount of RBCs are not produced. This could be due to deficiency of minerals and vitamins in the body that also hinders the proper working of the body. It normally occurs to:
- Sickle cell anemia
- Deficiency of iron specifically folic acid
- Deficiency of necessary vitamins
- Problems in bone marrow or stem cells
- Numerous other health conditions
- Other chronic diseases including kidney failure, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, lupus, sever infections etc
Caused due to destruction of RBCs
When RBCs are flimsy and tenuous and are not able to bear the stressful mundane of circulatory system, thus are ruptured at the premature stage. This is the condition of hemolytic anemia which is normally occur at the time of birth but develop at the later age. Some of the known causes include:
- Hereditary condition including sickle cell anemic and thalassemia
- Infections, intake of regular drugs, reaction of snake or spider venom
- Weak immune system specially in case of pregnant women
- Clotting disorders, heart diseases and chemical exposures
Some of the common symptoms of anemia are described under:
- Increasing palpitations
- Shortness of breath
Some of the additional symptoms are:
- Loss of hair
- Generalized feeling of ailing
- Severe condition of Heart problem
Home Remedies for Anemia
- Take beetroot, carrot and sweet potatoes and use to grind them to form a shake or juice. Drink this juice daily and you will get relief from unrest of anemia.
- Extract juice from fresh spinach leaves and add hone to taste. Now drink this juice as it is effective for proper growth of red blood cells.
- Drinking pomegranate juice is also very effective in restring blood cells and help in producing new blood in the body.
- Soak 2-3 dates in one cup of milk and let it sit overnight. In morning, drink milk and eat dates. It is very effective for energy and production of blood cells.
- Intake of folic acid and vitamins C with dietary supplements will help to keep you healthy and fit
- In case of iron deficiency, take the iron supplements but before that it is better to find out the main source of blood loss. Surgery is done to control excess bleeding in form of menstruation.
- In case of chronic diseases, normally blood transfusion or injections of synthetic erythropoietin is recommended.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for anemia to get positive results.