It is the common scalp disease that results in severe irritation and itchiness. It is very embarrassing and difficult to treat. But if it is treated in time, it can easily be controlled. It is one of the main reasons of hair loss. Here are some causes, symptoms and home remedies for dandruff are listed below:
Before taking the treatment it is necessary to identify the min or root cause of dandruff. Some of the common causes are as follow:
- Due to cold and weather, the skin of entire body get dried that may cause dandruff. One other reason is the overheating of room in the cold season. This result in itchy and flaking dandruff.
- Oily and irritated skin is also the cause of dandruff. This result in whitish or yellowish flakes. Some types of dandruff appears not only on the scalp region but also in the eye brows, back of ears, sides of nose and even affect the breast bone and armpits as well.
- Improper shampooing may also result in form of dandruff
- Some have very sensitive skin so use of hair dyes, and hair care products are not as per the skin type which result in dandruff
- Fungal infections in which fungi feeds on the oils secreted by hair follicles.
- Indigenous stress and depression
- Hormonal disorders
- Disturbed immune system
- Oily scalp
- White flakes of dead skin that fall on the shoulder
- Increases in the winter season while improved in summers
- Extreme dry skin
- In severe conditions, a crust appear on the scalp and cause infection
Home Remedies for Dandruff:
On regular hair fall, numerous OTC dandruff shampoos are available that help to reduce itchiness and burning effect. Along with that antibacterial and anti-fungal shampoos are recommended to reduce the fungal infection on the scalp. Some of the effective ingredients for dandruff shampoos are as follow:
- Zinc contents
- Salicylic acids
- Selenium sulfides
- Ketoconazole based shampoos
In order to minimize the effect of dandruff, numerous anti-fungal and antibacterial ointments are available that help to give soothing and relieving effect against dandruff. Some of the home remedies for dandruff are very helpful in lessen down the effect of dandruff.
- Manage the stress and depression
- Take proper balanced diet
- Do regular exercise
- Take proper supplements including zinc, vitamin C, vitamin B and fats
- Sunlight is very good for dandruff. But be careful while taking the sunlight because ultraviolet rays are very dangerous and cause skin cancer. It is better to spread sunscreen lotion on face and entire body
- Regularly oiling your hairs especially egg oil is very beneficial for the nourishment of the hair follicles and scalp
- Use of “margosa”, a herb that contains zinc and have antifungal properties for the treatment of dandruff
- For the removal dead cell from the epidermal layer of skin coal tar is recommended. It is also effective in slowing down the growth of skin cells
Thus with the help of remedial solutions and preventives, not only the hairs get healthy but also inflammatory effect get minimized that is caused by dandruff. Always try to use those shampoos that are according to your skin type. Never experiment your hairs.