Black eye is the intimation of the bruising of eye tissues or some bleeding under the skin of eyes. It may also reflect the intensive surgery of skull or head injury. It may also affect the eyeball that become red and swollen. Sometimes blunt accidents or fights may result in black eye for which immediately consult the doctor for detailed examination because sometimes internal bleeding or retina damage may result in form of black eye. It may also affect the eyesight or damage the optic nerve. Following are the home remedies for black eye to get rid of black eye instantly.
Causes of Black Eye
Some of the common reasons for black eye are as follow:
- Facial surgeries including facial uplift, nose surgery or surgery to balance out the jaws
- Head injury that can fracture the skill result in the appearance of black eye
- Any severe allergic reaction that damage the tissues of eyes
- Any insect bite
- Infection around then sensitive skin of eyes
- Any dental infection that is related to root canal
Symptoms of Black Eye
It seems very obvious that have dramatic appearance in form of discoloration in form of purple or black or blue color with the effect of swelling and serious injury. While some of the symptoms in case of serious injury are as follow:
- Double vision
- Loss of sight or fizziness in the sight
- Some effect on the consciousness
- In some cases blood coming out of the eyes or nose
- Blood appear on the surface of eyes
- Constant headache
- Increase in the pain while expose to bright light
- Constant redness around the eye ball
All these refer to the severe internal injury that has affected the brain or sensitive organ.
Home Remedies for Black Eye
To get rid of a black eye two ways are normally adopted one is based on home remedies and other is to rectify the root cause of black eye through proper medication.
In home remedies for black eye section some of the following points are very helpful:
- Complete rest and ice padding help to reduce the swelling and puffiness around the eyes as well as give the soothing effect. This could be done on the daily basis for 20 minutes at least.
- Always use the ice after wrapping it in the soft cotton cloth or try to use commercial ice packs.
- Do not apply creams or lotion near the eye area without consultation of the doctor. It is harmful and even damage the eye sight.
- Avoid going outside in day time. If in any case it’s urgent to go, use goggles or sunglasses while exposing to sunlight.
- While sleeping, use the high edge pillow or two pillows so as to put the head higher than the entire body.
In terms of medication doctors normally treat it according to the main cause. But normally for pain relief, Tylenol or ibuprofen is suggested. On the immediate basis the ultimate aim is to stop internal bleeding so as to protect the eyes. If it is not properly handled, it may damage the retina and ultimately result in form of loss of eyesight.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for black eye to get rid of black eye naturally.