Insects’ bites and stings are very common and will be the reason for minor to major irritation. In case of poison, stings are very painful and will convert into serious allergic reactions. It ranges from small insects to bugs but before taking the treatment it is necessary to identify the type of insect or bug. Following are the home remedies for bites that can help you cure this problem.
Whenever a bug or insects bites, it releases the saliva on the skin where it bites. That saliva will cause redness, irritation, itchiness and leaves the mark of sting along with the effect of swollenness. It is very painful but if treated well then there would be chances that pain will be reduced. The severity of the mark or sting mainly depends upon two factors like type of insect and secondly, is the sensitivity of the person. If the sensitivity is high then the case becomes complicated that transform in to allergic reaction.
It can easily be identified through few of the signs:
- Feeling of nausea and vomiting
- Swelling at that area where insect has bit
- Feeling difficulty in breathing
- Pain, itchiness and irritation
- Fluctuation in blood pressure or feel heart sinking
- First of all remove the sting from the skin in order to protect from venom
- Then wash it from soap and water or clean with piodine solution to get it safe from infections
- Icing the area with cold pad in order to reduce the pain and swelling
- Along with that you can take pain relievers like Tylenol, advils etc
- For itchiness relief you can apply some topical creams like pramoxine or calamine lotion. It also helps to remove the swelling
- In case of allergic reaction it is better to take antihisthamine for some relief.
In case of bees, wasp or ants bite; normally condition won’t get severe until or unless it is treated well and on-time. While in case of bites of mosquitoes, scorpions and some spiders, quick first aid treatment must be given to the patient. In case of mild treatments following measures has been taken like:
For the treatment of severe reactions, it is better to consult a doctor in time otherwise it may cause nausea, vomiting, crams etc. On first aid basis, doctors recommend injections of epinephrine for minimizing the pain as well as reduce the effect of swelling.
Home Remedies For Bites :
In order to prevent you from insects and bugs, some of the following home remedies for bites are very helpful including:
- It is better to apply some insect repellent lotions that keep you safe from stings of insects
- Always cover your exposed skin completely while passing nearby bees’ web
- Avoid using products that have strong odor that attracts insects and wasps
- Avoid to visit the flowering plants, rubbish areas or garden area in the evening
- Never disturb the insects’ nest by your own
- Avoid camping near stagnant pools and ponds
- Try to cover the drinking water and food
- Keep your doors and windows close or put net in front of it to minimize the entry of insects and bugs in to your home