Arthritis is the condition that involves inflammation of attached joints. But the most common form of osteoarthritis, which appear as a result of trauma or infection of joints. Other common types are :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Related autoimmune diseases
There are many home remedies for arthritis are given below to get cure from this problem.
Table of Contents
As commonly, arthritis is commonly recognized in two major forms one is osteoarthritis and other is rheumatoid arthritis.
It is wear and tear of the joint cartilage – thus involve the damage of the rigid and slick coating at the ends of the bones. Abundant damages can result in the grinding of the bones which cause severe pain plus restrict the movement. This is actually over the years internal damages due to joint injury or infection.
In this case, the immune system of the body attacked the coating of the joint capsule. That coating is a tough membrane that covers the joint parts and protects them from extra damages. When it is being attacked, it gets swelled and become inflamed. Thus it destroys the cartilage and minor bones within the joints.
In most of the cases, arthritis is caused due to excess deposit of crystals of uric acid or infections due to some chronic diseases like lupus.
Following are the signs of arthritis including
- Severe pain
- Puffiness and inflammatory feeling
- Difficulty in moving and walking
- Decreased fitness
Home Remedies for Arthritis:
According to doctors, there is no such proper treatment of arthritis except proper lifestyle including exercise and weight control and occupational plus physical therapies. All the treatment only focuses on giving relief to the patient in terms of pain and joint movement and functioning. Some of the recommended medications are as follow:
- In order to reduce the pain and inflammatory effect, commonly used painkillers including Tylenol, Tramadol, Ryzolts etc are given.
- In some cases, narcotics including Percocet, Vicodin etc are given to stop the effect of tenderness.
- Along with that naproxen and ibuprofen are also suggested to minimize the impact of pain. This is also available in form of creams and gels for rubbing that will give the relaxing effect.
Therapies and exercise help to strengthen the muscles and improve the range of movements. But in some cases, doctors suggest replacing the joints. This is normally suggested for knees and hip bones.
Along with that some of the home remedies for arthritis should be adopted for the reduction of pain. This engrosses:
- One of the most important aspects is to control the weight. In case of obesity, increased stress is put on the joints plus there is a hindrance in the mobility and limited to future joint injury.
- Proper and regular exercise will help to increase the flexibility of the joints as well as reduces the stress on the weight bearing joints. For this the best option is to go for aerobics that makes you active, fit and healthy.
- For the arthritis patients, heating and cold pads will give the relaxing effect and relieve the pain.
- One of the common recommendation and precautionary measure is to use walkers or stick as support for the movement. Plus use the raised toilet seats to protect yourself from severe injury or fracture.