What is Asthma
Asthma is the condition in which airways get narrowed, swelled and produce extra mucus. This will make the breathing process difficult which result in coughing, breath shortening, and wheezing. It has numerous stages differs from minor to major; life threatening asthma attack. It is exacerbated rather its symptoms can be prescribed. Following are the causes, symptoms and home remedies for asthma.
Causes of Asthma:
There are lots of causes that result in asthma some of the common reasons are:
- Dust allergies
- Pollen allergies
- Chemical fumes or gases
- Extensive physical activity
- Cold air
- Medications like painkillers
- Stress and depression
- Food allergies
- Preservatives in numerous beverages
- Acidity in stomach
- Allergic reaction from some foods like peanuts or shellfish
See Also: Home Remedies for Cough
Symptoms of Asthma:
Depending upon the condition and stage of asthma, its symptoms differs from minor to severe forms. Some of the common signs and symptoms through which you can identify that patient have asthma or not are as followed:
- Breath shortness
- Pain or tightness feel in chest
- Feel difficulty in sleeping due to shortness of breath
- Whistle sound while inhaling and exhaling (most common symptom in children)
- On viral attacks like flu or cold, the condition gets worst
Asthma can be controlled from certain medications in which the quick relief is attained through inhaler containing albuterol. It helps to open up the swollen air ways that hinders the breathing process. Along with that numerous antihistamines is given for relaxation and soothing effect. In oral medication, including, Flonase, Aerobid, Beclomethasone etc are the mild medicines that have low side effects as well effective to minimize the effect of the asthma attack. These medications are strongly related o psychological reactions including depression, aggression, agitation and suicidal thinking. Thus, always take the medicines after strong doctor’s recommendations.
In severe cases, combination inhalers are suggested that contains long acting beta agonist with the corticosteroid. This was very effective and quick effects in giving relief. In case of allergies, numerous medicines are suggested that help to increase the immune system. Like wide nasal sprays and oral sprays are given to clear up the air ways.
Home Remedies for Asthma:
In order to keep oneself safe and sound from severe conditions of asthma, some of the precautionary measures should be taken.
- With the usage of air conditioner, the amount of pollen grains, and dust particles are reduced. Plus it will lower down the indoor humidity and reduces the impact of coughing and wheezing.
- In order to reduce the effect of dust, try to use washable curtains and blinds. Plus remove the carpets and rugs from the room.
- If you are living in a damp and moist area, try to use dehumidifier so as to maintain an optimal level of humid.
- In case of pet allergies, avoid being in contact with their furs and feathers. Regularly bathed them and keep them away from surroundings.
- In the cold and dry air, cover the nose and mouth area with a mask so that it won’t enter into the sinus area.
Follow the above mentioned home remedies for Asthma to get cure from this problem.